There are many different visas offered by the United States Government. Most visas fall into two broad categories: immigrant visas, and non-immigrant visas.


Immigrant visas, also known as green cards, are for people who intend to immigrate and reside permanently in the U.S. The most common type of immigrant visa is the family-based green card for spouses, parents, children, and siblings of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents.

Non-immigrant visas are for people who intend to visit or reside temporarily in the U.S. but who do not intent to become permanent residents. Non-immigrant visas include tourist visas, (Category B1/B2), most employment-based visas (such as H1B, and TN), student visas (Category F1), and many others for professional athletes, religious workers, and so on.

To find out of you qualify for a U.S. visa, or if you have been denied a visa and would like to discuss your options, please schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.

See for more information on U.S. visas.