• How do I pay a bond?

    Immigration bonds may be paid at any office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (“ICE”). Bonds may also be paid directly at the facility where the immigrant is being housed. Bonds must be paid by cashier’s check or money order, payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and must include the immigrant’s alien number. If you want to find out whether an immigrant has a bond or is eligible for bond, please see our Bonds services page, or schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.

  • How do I find out where my relative is detained?

    The on-line detainee locator system is found at https://locator.ice.gov/odls/homePage.do

  • Can I visit my detained relative?

    Yes, subject to certain limitations, family visits are generally available by contacting the facility. You may also request a free visit from Pope & Associates with an immigration detainee if you are interested in legal representation.

  • What is an immigration detainer?

    A detainer, also known as an ICE hold, is a request made by ICE to a law enforcement agency to hold an immigrant until an ICE agent is avilable to question the immigrant’s legal status. Although many agencies treat an immigration detainer as a mandatory order of a federal agent, it is only a formal request valid for 48 hours. If your relative or loved one has been detained longer than 48 hours on an ICE hold, you may petition the law enforcement agency for his or her immediate release.

  • How do I obtain a work permit?

    If you have a case currently pending with CIS or the Courts, you may be eligible for an Employment Authorization Document, more commonly called a work permit. It is important to know that work permits are not the same as visas, and they do not grant you any legal right to U.S. residency. Before you apply for a work permit, either on your own or through the services of a notary, we highly recommend that you seek legal counsel with an attorney to see whether and how your application may affect your immigration status.

  • What is a green card?

    A lawful permanent resident visa, also known as a green card, allows a person to live and work in the U.S. and also to travel in and out of the U.S. For more information on green cards, please see our Visas services page, or schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys

If you have additional questions, please schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.

Contact Pope & Associates

Please leave this field empty.